Tuesday, March 30, 2010

First Steps!

So Owen started taking some steps behind a little push toy this weekend! It was SO cute! Each time he tries, he gets a little better!

Watching him learn so much in the past 8 months has been amazing. It seems like he just grows a little more each day and learns a little more each day. It truly is fascinating to see a baby, who has only been here a short while, be able to learn and comprehend so much. It really is a miracle.

Having Owen has completely changed my perspective on life. It also has changed the way I view my relationship with my heavenly Father. From the love I have for Owen, I have seen a teeny tiny glimpse of how God feels about me. That unconditional love is so powerful, and if I never had had a child, I'm not sure I would have grasped that. Its so refreshing to see God as my father, and not this big, bad judge peering down his nose at me. He is rooting for me. He wants me to succeed. For so long, I just had the wrong idea of who God is. No matter what Owen ever does to me, I will always love him and he will always be my son. I'm excited to know that no matter what I do to God, He will always love me and I will always be His daughter.

And knowing that God is rooting for me and not peering down his nose at me gives me the desire to do better because I know he wants me to, but he's not making me. I know these seem like simple concepts to Christians, but for some reason it had not clicked with me until I had my own child.

All this to say, I'm grateful God has blessed me with a child, and because of Owen, I am a better person. :)

Copy/paste the link below into your browser to see the video of Owen walking (not sure if you can click on it or not):
http://www.facebook.com/video/video.php?v=1412922168868

No comments:

Post a Comment