So since this blog is mainly a 'digital scrapbook' for our family, I wanted to jot down some things about Owen and also things he has said & done so I won't forget! Owen is 2 and will be 3 in a few months. He's getting SO big SO fast. This is a fun age & we are enjoying him!
- He LOVES the zoo. It is on the way to work so every Tuesday & Thursday when we pass it, he says, "Can we go to duh zoo, mommy?? Is it too dark?" (if it is night time I tell him we can't go because its dark outside & the animals are sleeping)
- He hears mommy say "Seriously?! Are you KIDDING me??" So his version is "See-wee-ously? Are you KIDDIN' me??"
- He loves to say "EXCUSE ME!" after burping.
- He NEVER misses the chance to say "WHO tooted?!?" If he hears Mommy or Daddy 'do the deed'...or even himself. Its usually Daddy or Owen (that's my story & I'm stickin' to it!)
- He calls chicken "shicken."
- Sometimes he calls Matt or I by our fist names...usually just to see how we react. He says it and smiles sheepishly at us to see what we'll do. Every now & then he'll call us Uncle Matt or Aunt Lindsay (he spends LOTS of time with his cousins!)
- His favorite color is purple.
- When asked what he wants to be when he grows up, he has said a daddy, a doctor & a firefighter.
- He LOVES the movie The Lion King. You can ask him any question about any of it & he knows the answer.
- He loves playing with puppets.
- He is REALLY into pretending. He loves to pretend & has an awesome imagination.
- Everyone says he speaks very well for his age, which makes a momma proud! But he does speak in complete sentences.
- He is great about saying "please" and "thank you" all on his own now without being prompted. Every now & then he'll forget, but overall he does great.
- He has no interest in potty training. We've tried several times, and he will do ok, then just stop.
- He is very smiley & talkative & does not know a stranger. He talks to EVERYONE in public and says "Whas your name? Where you going?" It is cute but then sometimes embarrassing! ha! Some people don't think he's as cute as I do... ;)
Taking a picture with his camera he got for Valentine's Day
Just had a fit (hence the red eyes) but a sucker makes it all better!
He likes to jam out!