Monday, January 4, 2010

2010...Really?!?!

So it has been THREE months since I last blogged. And I had to change my blog url because I changed my email address.

So to play a little catch up: My quiet, sleep-all-the-time baby has woken up! :) He is SO much fun and such a joy. He loves playing with toys and being read to. At only 5 months! I am so proud. Haha..I think every Mom has the smartest, cutest, ahead of the pack child, don't you agree? He is still a really easy going baby, though. Not fussy, just very smiley and content. Loves to be talked to by ANYONE, especially the girls at church! He is rolling over, laughing, "talking," pushing up during tummy time- the typical 5 month old.

It is amazing how when I look at Owen, I'm so in love with him and he can't even talk to me yet. It just reminds me of the love our Heavenly Father has for us. Being a mom has TOTALLY transformed the way I view God and my relationship with him. I'm so grateful, and so humbled.

As far as what is going on with Matt & I, we are just enjoying life and enjoying the new year being a family of 3. 2009 was very good to us, and I know 2010 will be even better! We've made some resolutions together. We have prayed together every night since we've been a couple. Even during the time we lived away from each other, we would pray together on the phone before we went to bed. Well, in the last few months, that routine has gone out the window! So we've resolved to make that a habit again. Another resolution for both of us is weight loss!! It's time we get these out of shape bodies ready and conditioned to keep up with our little man! So we are in a "biggest loser" contest with some friends that started Jan. 1. So far so good!! (This is only day 4, but its a start!!) Another resolution I have that was nudged on by a friend is becoming part of a memory verse team. She has a blog, scripturememoryteam.blogspot.com,(if you'd like to join us, feel free!) and on the 1st & 15th of each month, we are writing what scripture we are memorizing. So by 2011, we will have memorized 24 verses and written the Word on our hearts. SO excited about this! Thanks Anna! :)

Well I wish you all a Happy & Blessed 2010!! Here's a pic from the holidays!

No comments:

Post a Comment