Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Our life COULD be a sitcom...

When Matt and I were first married, we would hang out all the time with my brother, Michael & his wife Bekah, and we still do! At that time, Michael managed a pizza shop and Bekah worked there. So when Matt and I got off work, we would just go hang out with them while they worked. Many funny events happened at that pizza shop.

One time in particular, Bekah was really wanting a new rug for her house. She just decided to go get one from Lowe's. Michael, on the other hand, was trying to keep a tight budget. So we were sitting in one of the booths at the pizza shop and she was telling me about this rug she bought and Michael overheard her. I will never forget the image of Michael grabbing her car keys, taking that rug, throwing it in the back of her Honda (the rug was sticking out the back and the trunk was still open) and peeling out of the pizza shop's parking lot. All was saw were the tail lights! He returned the rug to Lowe's. She bought another rug shortly thereafter, and she got to keep it this time. :)

There are many other fond memories from the shop...Matt & I had our engagement party there! So I've always said the life of us 4 was so funny, because we were always laughing and getting in funny situations. I said we need to have our own TV show and call it 2 Guys, 2 Gals & A Pizza Place. Michael & Matt said that was stupid. But I REALLY thought we could make some money! We were funny to us, so surely other people would think we were funny, too, right?!

Most recently, Matt & I had a small grease fire in our kitchen. Another story that would have added comedy to the show. Long story short, I was running around like a chicken with my head cut off and Matt was calmy sprinkling flour on the fire as if he was seasoning a steak. I was ready to call 911 for a fire that was the size of an oven burner. That is why I could never be a firewoman or policewoman. Not the best handler of sticky situations!

I'm so glad God has given me this fun life that while it always keeps me guessing and not knowing what will happen next, it most DEFINITELY keeps me laughing. I'm so thankful for that.

Here's an old pic of Bekah & I at our old hangout. :)

Michael had the sign ready for our engagement party. He also made us a heart shaped pizza! :)

2 comments:

  1. haha love it! glad i married an old employee of Doc's so I could be blessed with friends like you! ;)

    ReplyDelete