Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Lists!

I have always loved making lists. Lists of people to invite to parties, lists for the grocery store, lists of things I need to do, etc. Now I have reached a point in my life that I have to have lists in order to function! As I mentioned in my last post, my brain is on overload mode and its easy to forget things. If I don't write it down, it doesn't get done. I have an iPhone that I love. One way it helps me with list making is I keep a running list on a dry erase board on the door to our laundry room. Then, when I'm ready to go to the store, I just take a picture of the list with my phone, and away we go!
Speaking of lists, I could list so many things that I am blessed with. My wonderful family, my health, great friends, my church family, my home, my job and a really happy, easy life. Sometimes, it is kind of scary how blessed I am. I see so many people around me struggling in a bad marriage, struggling with death, sickness, diseases, struggling with their walk with God...and I could go on. I feel kind of like I'm waiting for someone to pull the rug out from underneath me... almost as if I'm waiting for the bad thing to happen to me. But it is so reassuring to know that no matter what happens in this life, God has His hand in everything. A friend and I were talking about this very thing a few days ago, and she said that when she prays and thanks God for her blessings, she is sure to mention that even if He takes it all away, she will still praise Him. I'm with her on that one. When thinking on this I am reminded of Job 2: 10:
He replied, "You are talking like a foolish woman.
Shall we accept good from God, and not trouble?"

In all this, Job did not sin in what he said.
I'm thankful today for all the wonderful blessings God HAS chosen to give me, and if he takes it all away, I'm still thankful. Speaking of blessings, I will have to be a doting mother and post a couple of pics of one of my biggest blessings, Owen. :) Enjoy, and not only have a blessed day, but be thankful for it!






No comments:

Post a Comment