Monday, February 20, 2012

Craft Day!



Saturday was so rainy & yucky that we were stuck inside all day. Owen played with lots of play doh & markers & got to get a little messy. And on a rainy, yucky day, what's a busy-on-the-go-mom-who-can't-sit-still-for-5-seconds to do? Craft!!

I took apart my Valentine's wreath & made a "holiday neutral" one for the door. Again, in the name of thriftiness, everything is made out of stuff I already had. Those rosettes? Yeah, they were an old tank top I never wore! The gray ones? An old dress sock that I couldn't find the mate to! I am slowly becoming the repurposing queen!! :) When I stick a toilet out on my front porch for potted plants, someone please shake me. ;)


While still in my rosette making obsession, I made a couple for my newborn niece for headbands. I made a super cute one that has 3 rosettes together that I like to make sound fancy so I call it a "head piece." It's rather large so she can wear it when she's 2. :) I'll try to learn to make baby ones. But even just one little simple one on a head band like this is SO cute & changes it up from the typical bow! Love it!

No comments:

Post a Comment