Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Valentine's Day!


I love any "holiday." Any excuse to do things a little different or plan surprises makes me happy! We started off with heart shaped oatmeal bars for breakfast & I made a heart shaped sandwich for Owen's lunch. Simple little things to do but still fun!

I also love excuses to craft or make pinterest projects! I made these for Owen's sweet teachers. They are a clear plastic picture frame with scrapbook paper in them. Then I just stuck on some scrapbook embellishments & hot glued the ribbon. Then I hot glued the post it notes on! Voila! Super cute post it note holder for their desks! :)


Then, I made Valentines for Owen's friends. I "cheated" by using Oreo cakesters! Just used a heart shaped cookie cutter.

Then added the heart cakes to a clear baggie, tied them off with some curling ribbon & tied his little card to it. I made his card in photoshop then just printed them off (wallet size) at Walmart.

Here is his cute little card. Goes with the 'heart' theme of the cakes.

And here is my little Valentine on Valentine's Day! :)

My little chef helping me make the treats for his friend. He mainly just wore an apron & ran around saying "I'm a chef!" But...we call that helping. :)

One last Valentine pinterest project: Door Wreath! :) EVERYTHING you see is stuff I already had around the house! (Except for the actual wreath). So I was glad to be able to craft without spending much $$!



3 comments:

  1. Love the picture of Owen! Cute shirt!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Amanda! Under 5 bucks from Walmart. :) just happened to see it & thought it was perfect!
    Thanks for stopping by, Southern Queen!! :)

    ReplyDelete