Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Fun days off!

 Since we spent all our extra cash on furniture for an entire house this year, we are not taking a big vacation. :)

So instead, we are just taking off days here and there to do fun things! This past Friday I took off work and headed to Splash Kingdom with Bekah, Amanda (& Amanda's friend Kim) and all the boys! We had a great time!

Lawson, Davis, Owen & Reed


My sweet boy & I enjoying the fun day together!


Ready to take it to the house! SK can be SO tiring!!














My mom was in town with her friend Bonnie & Bonnie's granddaughter Caitlin. Matt was out of town this weekend, so we had fun girl time! We watched movies and shopped and ate junk food! Ha!


While they were there, Owen was "showing off" being "Superman" and jumped off his bed RIGHT INTO the closet door. This makes his SECOND goose egg on his head in just a few weeks. He needs to SLOW DOWN & be more careful!! 


We watched The Proposal (always hilarious with Sandra Bullock doing the Indian Dance thing singing "To the Windows to the Walls"....we had to watch that part a million times because we laughed til we cried...but then we also watched The Vow, which I haven't seen before. It was SO good. 

Later that day I found this pic online that was very fitting! Ha!


On the road again....on Sunday morning, Mom, Bonnie & Caitlin jumped in Mom's car & Owen & I hopped in ours and headed BACK to Houston for my cousin Carrie's baby shower. I got NO pics from the shower! :( I was enjoying myself too much I guess to think about it!


My sweet travel buddy! He does SO well in the car. His first road trip was to Houston when he was only a few weeks old. I was going stir crazy while on maternity leave & Matt took the whole week off so we went down for a few days out of boredom! haha! He was perfect in the car then has has done well ever since. He never complains or fusses. At one point on this trip, he was playing with a wet wipe & making it sing & dance. I'm SO thankful for his cute imagination and how he entertains himself so easily. I LOVE LOVE LOVE this age & do NOT want to forget it! He brings us so much joy and right now is saying the funniest little things. He keeps Matt and I laughing all the time. We love you, sweet Owen boy! 



Our favorite place to stop for a quick potty break on the way home- the rest stop in Jacksonville! After leaving the 'big city', I love stopping here to take in the scenery and just be thankful for where we live. I LOVE Houston. Don't get me wrong. It will probably always feel like "home" in a way. But I'm SO thankful to be in East Texas and live in such a pretty place! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment