Monday, August 19, 2013

Beau Landon Kelly

Obviously by my lack of recent posts, Beau Landon is here! He is perfect in every way and we are so thrilled that we've finally met him! (and I am soooooo glad to NOT be pregnant anymore!) ;)

He was born June 28 at 2:28 p.m. and was 8 lbs, 13 oz & 21 inches long!

The labor & delivery was pretty uneventful & smooth. (PTL!) The only minor hiccup was the anesthesiologist came in to give me my epidural, then suddenly had to leave. I got a little upset because I was thinking, "RELIEF is here!" then..JUST KIDDING! But once I just started focusing and breathing some more (and a little bit of "happy juice" in my IV line helped too!) I was better. Then shortly after that, got the epidural, progressed more and started pushing! One hour later, our sweet angel boy was here!

Skin to skin with Mommy for 1 hour after birth

Proud Big Brother!


We had to stay an extra night because his bili rubin level was too high. So he had to sleep on the bili bed and he HATED it! As long as he was wrapped up in a blanket, he slept great, but on the bili bed he couldn't be because the light had to get to his skin. It was the worst night of sleep of my life! Thankfully Nelda stayed that night and Matt was able to be at home with Owen and get good rest. I will forever be grateful to Nelda for that night! She was such a huge help just being there so I wasn't doing that alone. Sleep deprivation + screaming baby + crazy hormones = frazzled momma! But thankfully the bed helped and we were able to go home on Sunday!

This hospital business is for the birds! Let's get outta here!


Finally home! Both boys with their GiGi & Nonna

Introducing:
 

We are so thankful to God for a smooth delivery of another healthy, precious baby boy!






No comments:

Post a Comment