Monday, August 27, 2012

GiGi & PaPaw move!

So my parents have moved from Houston to our little East Texas town!! We are so thrilled! I feel sad that they left my older brother, his wife & family behind, but at least we are in 1 town (only 2 miles apart!) when they come to visit. 

On August 12,  Owen & I (and sock monkey) headed down to Houston with Dad to help him get the last load of their things. I'm SO glad I was able to do that. They still had a TON of things left.


The next morning was August 13, Dad's bday! My sweet sis in law, Jen, made pancakes and put a few candles in Dad's. We sang 'Happy Birthday' to the birthday boy then headed over to their old house to get busy working!

After many hours of working, we were ready to head North!

Completely cleaned out!


Goodbye, 19807 Big Timber Drive in Humble! It was a great house for my parents and my Granny,who lived there in a garage apartment with them before she died. Many memories were made here and to me, it is always a bit sad to move on from any house, but also exciting to create new memories in a new place!


Since it was Dad's birthday, I let him pick where we would stop for dinner. 


Bueno in Lufkin it was!


We were DEAD tired that night when we got back, so the next day, we went to Mom & Dad's NEW house to celebrate Dad's birthday, for real! :) Dinner & carrot cake. :) 
Already making memories at the new address! 

2 comments:

  1. I love Bueno. I wish we had one close to us. So exciting to have your parents closer. That must be so nice!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love Bueno too! Yes..it is nice to have them so close. Great to see them for a dinner or an event, and then we all get to go home to our own houses, instead of ALL spending an entire weekend together in 2500 square feet...LOL! :) That is only fun on vacation!! haha!

    ReplyDelete